How can we help you?
When it comes to your health, there’s no such thing as a silly question! Below are a few of our frequently asked questions. Feel free to call our office at 716-772-7500 and we’ll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Consult Your Dentist to Develop Your Treatment Plan
In many cases, yes. In fact, it's preferred to delayed placement due to shorter healing time and lower risk of bone loss. If Dr. Kaplansky determines that immediate placement will provide the best long-term result for you, an implant can be placed in the extraction site immediately after the removal of a tooth.
Yes! However your diabetes must be well controlled, otherwise, it may adversely affect the healing process. If there is any doubt, we will consult with your family doctor to make sure your best interests are being taken care of.
Watch to see if you are a candidate for Dental Implants
Countdown the ways that dental implants can improve your life!
10. If you wear a removable denture, say bye-bye to Fixodent and Sea-Bond! Messy and nasty tasting denture adhesives are a thing of the past once you have dental implants.
9. Your new dental work will stop damaging your adjacent teeth. No teeth grinding for dental bridges, no partial denture clasps that wear down and loosen your natural teeth.
8. Now here's a BIG one, ready? You'll be able to eat ANYTHING you want!
7. Ever worry about your dentures flying out of your mouth when sneezing or laughing? Your dental implants are even more secure than your natural teeth.
6. Dental implants help stop permanent bone loss that occurs after a tooth extraction. This preserves the jawbone, helps in maintaining your facial contours and minimizes sagging and wrinkles.
5. You will enjoy a much healthier lifestyle. Crisp fruits and veggies, nutritious and full of vitamins, and will be back on your menu since you won't have to worry about loosening your teeth.
4. You’ll have a more youthful appearance. A healthy smile is a great sign of youth, happiness, and general well-being.
3. Increased level of confidence. No need to cover your mouth when playing with grandkids, no more embarrassing questions: “What's wrong with Nana's teeth?”.
2. Working with a natural foundation of your mouth – your jaw bone, we’ll be able to provide you with the strong and beautiful smile you've always wanted and always dreamed about.
1. Drum-roll, please... It'll make you KISSABLE again! Dental implants reconnect people with what they’ve lost including the joy of kissing!
No! Regardless of the procedure, at no time will you leave the office without teeth. Dr. Kaplansky can make a temporary/transitional dental appliance that will make you look presentable. It will allow you to eat, talk and function throughout the course of treatment.
If you have questions about the dental implant process, contact Dr. Kaplansky today at (716) 772-8632.