How can we help you?
When it comes to your health, there’s no such thing as a silly question! Below are a few of our frequently asked questions. Feel free to call our office at 716-772-7500 and we’ll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Dentures & Partials
Most of us generally associate dentures with our grandparents or older people. While it’s true that elderly dental patients often rely on dentures after they have experienced tooth loss, dentures can help patients of nearly any age.
If you are suffering from tooth loss and are considering dentures in Lockport, our dental office can help. Dentures are not just for older people, and dentures may be a good treatment option if you are missing all or some of your natural teeth. We offer full dentures as well as partial dentures to Lockport, NY dental patients depending on their individual needs.
Unfortunately, tooth loss can occur at any phase of life for a variety of reasons: genetic conditions, severe dental decay, trauma to the face, etc. If you have experienced significant tooth loss, dentures are one of several treatment options you have available. You may have preconceived ideas or fears about dentures, but the look and feel of dentures have come a long way in recent years. Our dentures in Lockport fit better and feel stronger than the dentures that existed decades or even years ago. You might find yourself very pleasantly surprised by how dentures can improve your smile!
Would you like to learn more about our full and partial dentures in Lockport, NY? Give our dental team a call today at (716) 772-7500.
Yes! Many of our dental patients are surprised to learn that there are several different types of dentures available to choose from.
At Dentistry by Dr. Kaplansky, we understand that each smile is unique — which means that each smile needs a unique approach to restorative dentistry. Your mouth is different from everyone else’s, which is why we offer different treatment options to suit your individual needs. If you need dentures in Lockport, Dr. Kaplansky can evaluate you and fit you for the right kind.
The most common types of dentures are full dentures (also known as traditional or conventional dentures) and partial dentures in Lockport. However, there are several other different types and subsets of dentures, including implant-supported dentures, snap-in dentures, and overdentures.
The type of denture that is best for you will depend on several factors, including the strength of your jawbone and the number of teeth you are missing. Dr. Kaplansky is happy to walk through your different options with you and help you make a decision. Whether you need full, custom, or partial dentures in Lockport, NY, our dental team can create a set of dentures that is perfect for your smile!
If you have additional questions about the different types of dentures we have at our Lockport, NY dental office, please give us a call at (716) 772-7500!
Countdown the ways that dental implants can improve your life!
10. If you wear a removable denture, say bye-bye to Fixodent and Sea-Bond! Messy and nasty tasting denture adhesives are a thing of the past once you have dental implants.
9. Your new dental work will stop damaging your adjacent teeth. No teeth grinding for dental bridges, no partial denture clasps that wear down and loosen your natural teeth.
8. Now here's a BIG one, ready? You'll be able to eat ANYTHING you want!
7. Ever worry about your dentures flying out of your mouth when sneezing or laughing? Your dental implants are even more secure than your natural teeth.
6. Dental implants help stop permanent bone loss that occurs after a tooth extraction. This preserves the jawbone, helps in maintaining your facial contours and minimizes sagging and wrinkles.
5. You will enjoy a much healthier lifestyle. Crisp fruits and veggies, nutritious and full of vitamins, and will be back on your menu since you won't have to worry about loosening your teeth.
4. You’ll have a more youthful appearance. A healthy smile is a great sign of youth, happiness, and general well-being.
3. Increased level of confidence. No need to cover your mouth when playing with grandkids, no more embarrassing questions: “What's wrong with Nana's teeth?”.
2. Working with a natural foundation of your mouth – your jaw bone, we’ll be able to provide you with the strong and beautiful smile you've always wanted and always dreamed about.
1. Drum-roll, please... It'll make you KISSABLE again! Dental implants reconnect people with what they’ve lost including the joy of kissing!