If you’re lucky enough to have avoided dental emergencies up to this point, you might not have a clear understanding of what qualifies as a dental emergency.
It’s helpful to think of a dental emergency as an event or injury that immediately and unexpectedly alters your smile or puts your oral health at risk.
Common dental emergency scenarios include:
- Breaking a tooth on a piece of hard food
- Losing a dental restoration in a sticky or chewy candy
- Hitting your mouth during an auto accident
- Getting hit in the face with a ball, puck, frisbee, or fist during a sporting event
- Falling and hitting your mouth on concrete or ice
At Dentistry by Dr. Kaplansky, we commonly treat dental emergencies in Lockport, NY. Some of the injuries we see most regularly include:
- Chipped teeth
- Knocked-out or loose teeth
- Infected or abscessed teeth
- Fractured or broken teeth
- Lacerations on the lips, tongue, or cheeks
- Gums that are bleeding significantly
- Swelling and inflammation around the jaw, including in the neck
- Painful toothaches
If you need to have an emergency dental appointment in Gasport, please call us any time of day at (716) 772-7500. We will work hard to relieve your pain and repair your injured teeth.